Visit Nha Trang Institute of Oceanography No. 1 Nha Trang
Tóm Tắt Nội Dung
- Introduction to the Institute of Oceanography
- Nha Trang Oceanographic Institute address, opening time
- Nha Trang Trang Oceanographic Institute – The tiket price
- Discover interesting things at Nha Trang Oceanographic Institute
- How do I get to the Oceanographic Museum?
- Where to go after arriving at the Oceanographic Institute?
- Things to keep in mind when visiting Nha Trang Oceanographic Institute
- Questionnaire about Nha Trang Institute of Oceanography
Visiting Nha Trang Oceanographic Institute No. 1 Nha Trang helps us have an insight into diverse and attractive Nha Trang tourist destinations.Welcome to Nha Trang Oceanographic Institute!Today we will explore interesting things with the diversity of marine life, in addition to historical values that are indisputable evidence of a Vietnamese culture.
Introduction to the Institute of Oceanography
Nha Trang Oceanographic Institute is a major research center on the life of marine creatures in Southeast Asia.
If you are a passionate about exploring the mysteries of the ocean and want to understand more about the miraculous life of marine species, visit the Institute of Oceanography in Nha Trang at least once in your life.
Here, you will experience exciting things and learn from leading scientists about marine life. Don’t miss this opportunity to explore the undersea world and nurture your passion!
- Nha Trang Oceanographic Institute was established in 1923, is one of the leading research institutes in Vietnam on oceanography.
- Initially, the Institute was just a small laboratory studying fish. By 1956, the laboratory was upgraded to Nha Trang Seafood Research Station.
- In 1978, the Seafood Research Station changed its name to Seafood Research Institute.
- To date, Nha Trang Institute of Oceanography is one of the leading research facilities on marine biodiversity in Vietnam.
Pulmonary tuberculosis: nationwide
Nha Trang Oceanographic Institute has many important research activities:
- Research on aquatic resources: fish, shrimp, krill, seaweed…
- Study populations and preserve rare species such as dolphins, whales, sea turtles…
- Research on climate change and impacts on marine ecosystems.
- Develop a database on Vietnam’s marine biodiversity.
- In addition, the Institute has implemented many international cooperation projects on marine biodiversity conservation.
Specimen display area
- In addition to research activities, the Institute of Oceanography also has a rich display area with thousands of marine species preserved intact.
- This is an ideal place to explore the diverse world of Vietnamese marine species.
- You will admire beautiful colorful fish, giant squid, or shimmering coral reefs.
Nha Trang Oceanographic Institute address, opening time
Nha Trang Oceanographic Institute is close to tourist areas and is a tourist destination in Nha Trang in particular and Southeast Asia in particular.
We have no doubt about the full historical values and their great benefits in preserving the traditional cultural values of the nation. If you’ve ever been to Nha Trang but never visited the Nha Trang Institute of Oceanography, that’s a big omission.
This is a great destination for you to have the opportunity to explore and see the rare sea creatures of the world. Besides, this place also gives you a deeper insight into the marine environment and related issues. Take the time to visit this institute and experience what it has to offer!
Nha Trang Oceanographic Institute
Address of Nha Trang Oceanographic Institute:
- 1 Cau Da, Vinh Hoa, Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa.
- The institute is located next to Dam market, near Nha Trang station and about 500m from the coast.
- Nha Trang Oceanographic Institute is close to hotels, visitors can stay at hotels near the area.
- This is a convenient location for travel and access to research specimens.
How does Nha Trang Oceanographic Institute open now?
Opening hours of the Institute of Oceanography:
- Monday to Friday: From 7h30 – 11h and 13h30 – 16h30
- Saturday and Sunday: From 7h30 – 11h30
The institute is closed on Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday. You should plan your visit accordingly to avoid arriving at the closing time. | Let’s explore more tourist attractions in Nha Trang here
Nha Trang Trang Oceanographic Institute – The tiket price
The ticket price to Nha Trang Oceanographic Institute is very cheap, very suitable for many tourists from many different incomes, it seems that to fully meet tourists, everyone can visit Nha Trang Oceanographic Institute.
Fares here fluctuate as follows:
- 40,000 VND/person (Applicable to Vietnamese guests)
- 80,000 VND/person (Applicable to foreign guests)
- 20,000 VND/child with a height of 1m – 1m4
- 30,000 VND/child over 1m4
- Children under 1m: free admission
- Students: 30% discount on entrance ticket (need to show card)
In addition, the Institute also has a preferential family ticket package, you can ask for further instructions.
Discover interesting things at Nha Trang Oceanographic Institute
The display area of the Institute of Oceanography is extremely unique and attractive. Here are some certain points you can’t ignore when you come here.
Experience miniature aquariums
The miniature aquarium at the Institute is home to hundreds of species of marine fish, corals and other exotic marine life in their natural habitat.
The special thing is that you can observe sea creatures right from the outside, through the thick glass system. Thus, you will feel like you are diving to the bottom of the ocean and immersing yourself with these beautiful aquatic species.
Visiting the marine biodiversity zone
There are more than 2,000 specimens of mysterious and wonderful marine species of Vietnam preserved in solution or fixed on the glass.
From manta rays, giant squid to hand-sized lobsters, starfish or monstrous mollusks… all are vividly displayed, making it easy for visitors to observe and learn.
| See more models of Cam Ranh Mystery Villas & Spa here.
Visiting the large specimen display area
The large artifact gallery is home to giant sea creatures such as whale sharks with a length of 2.7m, tail sharks with a length of nearly 4m or adult whale carcasses weighing up to 10 tons.
These impressive specimens and stored fossil skeletons attract a lot of attention from visitors.
Explore non-living artifacts
In addition to marine life, the Institute also collects many other non-living artifacts such as limestone reef fragments with many strange shapes, rounded pebbles created by sea waves or beautiful shells, quality marine and island specimens…
These specimens are also very valuable for studying the environment and the formation of coral reefs.
Explore the Hoang Sa – Truong Sa marine resources area
A special feature not to be missed is the display area of specimens collected from the Paracel and Spratly Islands of Vietnam.
Here, you will learn about the East Sea, diverse and rich resources from seafood, oil and gas to minerals in these two archipelagos.
| If you want to discover more famous tourist destinations in Nha Trang, try visiting Long Son Pagoda in Nha Trang.
How do I get to the Oceanographic Museum?
The Institute of Oceanography is an attractive tourist destination for those who have a passion for travel. From Nha Trang city center, visitors can easily reach the Oceanographic Institute in various ways. It is possible to go by motorbike or bus option, both are very convenient and popular with many tourists.
There are many ways to get to Nha Trang Institute of Oceanography:
If you are near the city center, and you have a good pair of legs, you can walk along Nguyen Dinh Chieu street.Along these roads are greenery and parks.You can enjoy the view while walking.It takes about 15 minutes to get there.
Riding motorbikes and cars
If you travel by private vehicle, you just need to locate at the address stated to reach the Institute easily. The surrounding area also has many convenient parking lots. This is an area that allows many cars and motorbikes to enter. Remember to keep your ticket or parking ticket safe.
Take a taxi, motorbike taxi
You can take a taxi, grab or motorbike taxi directly to the address of the Institute of Oceanography. With a cost of about 100-200 thousand VND, it is possible to move conveniently. However, you need to consider the price of taxis or grabs to avoid high prices for tourists.
Where to go after arriving at the Oceanographic Institute?
The Institute of Oceanography is a good place full of ghosts in Nha Trang. If you are not only a lover of Nha Trang sea and sea creatures, but you are also a tourist who likes to explore the local cuisine of Nha Trang or the most beautiful and famous places here, you should not miss the following places:
Visiting Dam Market
Dam Market is a place that is not strange to guests who love to travel to Nha Trang. Right next to the Institute of Oceanography is Dam Market – a famous seafood shopping place in Nha Trang. After visiting the Institute, you can visit Dam market to buy specialties as gifts.
Exploring Vinpearl Land
If you have time, you should visit Vinpearl Land Nha Trang – a complex theme park with hundreds of thrilling games. If you have time, you should visit Vinpearl Land Nha Trang – a complex theme park with hundreds of thrilling games and special reality shows.
This is the ideal entertainment place after the tour. You can stay at Cam Ranh Mystery Villas & Spa to spend the night then go to Vinpearl. The travel time from the Institute of Oceanography to there is very close.
Nha Trang is famous for its fresh seafood. After learning about marine animals, don’t forget to enjoy them.
There are many famous seafood restaurants in Nha Trang, both delicious and cheap. You can refer to the salads, fish rolls, grilled beef leaves, steamed crab,… to try right at the end of the tour.
Things to keep in mind when visiting Nha Trang Oceanographic Institute
The Oceanographic Institute is an interesting and attractive destination that visitors cannot ignore. It is full of new knowledge and great experience opportunities. However, to have an enjoyable trip at Nha Trang Oceanographic Institute, you need to know the following important experiences.
For an interesting and meaningful tour at the Institute of Oceanography of Nha Trang, you should note some of the following:
Wear discreet, comfortable clothing
Because the weather in Nha Trang is quite hot and the humidity is high, you should choose a comfortable and gentle outfit. In addition, when entering the specimen display area, you need to wear discreet clothes to ensure civility and courtesy. Wearing discreet clothes shows respect for cultural-historical places.
Bring your camera to capture memories
Bring a camera or camera phone to capture beautiful moments with marine life at the Institute. These will be very meaningful photos of your undersea tour. The recorded videos and photos will capture meaningful moments in your life.
Read carefully and follow the regulations hanging in the area. Do not touch exhibits or make noise, affecting research activities. If you have any questions about the specimen, you can ask the accompanying tour guide.
And we know that Nha Trang Institute of Oceanography is a destination not to be missed when coming to this beautiful coastal city.
With a unique display space, thousands of rare marine life specimens and interesting sightseeing activities, this will be a place to bring you many memorable natural experiences.
Have a meaningful and fun exploration! See you next time!
Questionnaire about Nha Trang Institute of Oceanography
- What is the main field of study of the Institute of Oceanography of Nha Trang?
Nha Trang Oceanographic Institute mainly studies marine life and is one of the largest marine institutes in Southeast Asia.
- What exhibits and activities attract visitors?
Nha Trang Oceanographic Institute has unique display areas such as marine life display area, miniature aquarium, and fossil skeleton area. These are tourist attractions.
- What is the address and opening hours of the Nha Trang Institute of Oceanography?
Nha Trang Oceanographic Institute is located at No. 1, Cau Da, Tran Phu, Nha Trang City. Opening times and fares are subject to change, so travelers should check the details before arriving.